My name is Courtney, and I've been manipulating people with my words since the 1980s.
Today i'm a creative director and copywriter based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. I have a background in journalism and nine+ years experience working for some of the most dynamic ad agencies in the country. I love to help brand new companies develop their voice, and the big boys discover fresh ways to explore the ones they're known for. I'm a word nerd at heart and a straightforward, strategic thinker by practice.
I've also flirted with a career in law enforcement, so please help keep me employed.
Need my help or want to collaborate on something fun? Get in touch.
What I Do
- Creative Direction & Strategy
- Copywriting & Editing
- Video Scriptwriting
- Special Project Management
- On-Set Support for Video/Photo Shoots
What I've Done
I have worked with everyone from nationally-lauded nonprofits to some of the most recognizable brands on the planet, including: The North Face, Taco Bell, American Express, Ford, P&G, Pepperidge Farm, Neutrogena, Tylenol, Starwood Hotels, Winter Park Ski Resort, Crayola, Keds and Kiehl's.
// To see some examples of my work, click here.
Where I've Been
- Freelance Copywriter/Creative Director, Boulder, CO (current)
- Partner/Associate Creative Director @ YearOne, Boulder, CO
- Senior Copywriter @ MRY, New York, NY
- Assignment Editor @ WCSC-TV, Charleston, SC
- Reporter/Anchor @ WTMA NewsTalk 1250AM, Charleston, SC
- Freelance Print Reporter, Charleston, SC
- B.A. in Media Studies @ College of Charleston
- Journalism Summer Program @ NYU London
// To download a copy of my resume, click here.